Sift through a flood of information, news articles, and other interesting tidbits with our bi-weekly roundup. Stay on top of important deadlines, reminders, and stories from TECHniques, Texas Tech, and around the world!
Important University News
- OCTOBER 28TH is the last day to drop a class, so if you’re thinking about dropping, talk to your counselor soon.
- NOVEMBER 7TH is the first day of registration for Spring classes. Go ahead and schedule an appointment with your advisor as soon as you can!
- MIDTERMS are coming up soon. Don’t wait until the last minute to study.
News and Updates
Texas Tech Plays Kansas this Saturday at 11am
The undefeated Texas Tech football team looks to improve their record this Saturday against the Jayhawks, who have lost an unflattering 21 games in a row against Big 12 opponents. More on the story here.
- We need to know if you are coming back next semester! Please sign up on the clip board by the Master Tutor desk. The deadline to fill this out is Friday, October 18.
- We are trying to raise money as a department for the State Employee Charitable Campaign. You can help! You can go to www.secc.ttu.edu and donate to a charity of your choice.
- We also need tutors to volunteer for “Pie Your Tutor” next Wednesday, October 9! You can sign up to be “pie’d” or pay $2 to pie a fellow tutor or $3 to pie a counselor.
- Next week is International Tutor Appreciation Week! We’ll be sharing ways that we appreciate you all throughout the week. Stay tuned!