With the semester winding down and Thanksgiving and Winter Break around the corner, it is easy to get into the whirlwind of studying and forget about all the incredible resources available to Texas Tech University students! It never hurts to ask for help and it never hurts to take full advantage of the resources available.
Below is a brief list of campus resources. We know there are many more so feel free to leave a comment and share your favorite campus program or center!
What can I do to succeed in this class? How can I better understand this content?
- One of the most valuable resources a student has on campus is his or her professor. Office hours are a valuable opportunity that many students overlook. We encourage our students to meet with professors to track their progress, seek clarification, identify study strategies and foster strong teacher-student relationships. Check your syllabus or email your professor for their availability.
How can I make this paper even better? Can you look over this with me?
- It is that time of year when all those final projects and papers are due. While our students have the opportunity to work with their tutors, an extra set of eyes to review a written assignment can always help. The University Writing Center offers 30-minute appointments for students, faculty and staff. This center is open 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday. To schedule an appointment call (806) 742-2476.
I am stressed and anxious, what can I do?
- Within the Wellness Center, Texas Tech University hosts a MindSpa. With zero-gravity massage chairs, a vast audio-video library, meditation space, and other relaxation tools and strategies the MindSpa is the perfect environment to de-stress and relax. The MindSpa is open 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Students, faculty and staff can call (806) 742-3674 to schedule an appointment.
I need a listening ear, can I talk to you?
- The Student Counseling Center offers on-campus counseling for all students. The center is open for walk-in hours on Monday through Friday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. During this time, new students can complete paperwork and meet with a counselor for an initial intake meeting. Students will then be paired with a counselor and can schedule meetings between 8am and 5pm on Monday through Friday. For more information call (806) 742-3674.
I do not know what to do after college, where do I start? I think I want to change my career goals, who can I talk to? What can I do with my major? I want a summer internship, how can I find postings? I need help with my resume, can you help me?
- The University Career Center is an outstanding service offered to students and alumni of Texas Tech University. With services ranging from career assessment, interview preparation, resume writing, career counseling and more, this center offers something for everyone. For more information or to schedule an appointment call (806) 742-2210.
I do not feel well, do I have the flu?
- The Student Health Services is a medical clinic on Texas Tech University campus. Conveniently located within the Student Wellness Center (1003 Flint Avenue), this health facility is open Monday through Friday 8am to 5:30pm by appointment. Call (806) 743-2848 to schedule your appointment.