Much of the learning in college takes place outside of the classroom. While academics are our number one priority, we encourage students to maintain a balanced and well-rounded experience. Organization membership, volunteer work, employment, research and leadership can develop student’s outlook on life and equip students with new tools and skills for the future. Students have the opportunity to explore their interests, strengths and abilities leading to success both in and out of the classroom.
Texas Tech is a large campus, and with a large student body comes great opportunity. There are countless organizations, opportunities and experiences. We truly believe that there is something for everyone. So how do you get involved on campus? It’s not as overwhelming as you think….
1. You can search through all TTU Organizations with one simple click. You can browse by name, category and key word. Hint: The “Browse by Category” tab can help you identify organizations that relate to your specific area of interest.
2. Looking for a job? Student Employment offers both off and on campus work opportunities for students. And the Daily Toreador Classifieds is another great place to search for a job within the Lubbock community.
3. The Center for Active Learning & Undergraduate Engagement supports undergraduate research opportunities. Research is a great way to dive deeper with your major, explore a specific topic, foster relationships with faculty, and gain valuable experience for graduate school and beyond.
4. Volunteer Lubbock offers a wide range of community service opportunities through partnerships with local agencies.
** On Thursday, September 18, Texas Tech will host a Volunteeer Fair from 11am-1pm in the Student Union Builing, Red Raider Ballroom. Check it out!!!
5. Maybe you aren’t quiet ready to commit to organization membership or employment. Check out The Student Union Calendar of Events for engaging on-campus activities!